Position: Street Team
Status: Part-time, no benefits
Compensation: Hourly pay, commission or bonus opportunities
Location: Pawtucket, RI
Fortuitous Partners is launching a USL Championship team to play in a soccer specific stadium at Tidewater Landing along the Seekonk River in Pawtucket, RI. The club is slated to begin play in the 2024 season with the stadium groundbreaking taking place on August 12, 2022.
Fortuitous is looking for individuals to serve as key community ambassadors for the Club at a variety of public events throughout Rhode Island and at home matches during the 2024 season. The Street Team will be integral to the growth of the club by interacting with the community, providing information and collateral as well as opportunities for fans and followers to engage the club. These motivated individuals also execute interactive contests and giveaways. Future opportunities within partnerships, team-related activities, marketing and public relations may also exist as a part of this program.
Individuals that apply must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities as well as be able to effectively communicate and demonstrate that he/she/they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Strong people and communication skills
- Outgoing personality that enjoys interacting with the public; must be comfortable meeting new people and learning more about them
- Collaborative personality who works well with others
- Ability to assist with seeking out and creating a calendar of events and appearances for the street team at festivals, parades, youth soccer clubs, and other prominent Rhode Island events
- Facilitate activation at events, while providing superb customer service and displaying excitement about the organization, including sharing info on club tickets, merchandise or promotions
- Have a working knowledge of U.S. and international soccer, club promotions and current ticket programs (training will also be provided)
- Distribute collateral during events and promotions
- Assist in set-up and breakdown of interactive tent and event display
- Commit to working the Rhode Island Pro Soccer grass roots schedule which includes, but is not limited to, at least (2) two events per month
- Ability to work evenings, holidays and weekends
- Experience working promotional events
- Bilingual preferred not required (English with Spanish or Portuguese)
- Moving and lifting objects up to 50 lbs.
- Must have transportation, a good driving record and valid driver’s license
Send resumes to:
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.